I am a speaker and teacher available for keynotes, panels, speaking to large and small groups — from living rooms to boardrooms.
All of my speaking and work comes from my belief that we are the culture makers.
- If you’d like to attend my monthly feminist marketing workshops, you can find them here.
- If you’d like to interview me for your podcast, here’s my calendar.
- Want me to speak at your event? Here’s my email!
Food Psych by Christy Harrison, episode 193. On feminism, marketing, and breaking free from diet culture.
Heavy Flow by Amanda Laird, episode 51. On how the typical marketing paradigm, particularly online, is harmful to women — and how to resist being coopted by The Female Lifestyle Empowerment Brand.
The Mend Podcast, episode 46. On how the current marketing model and narratives about ‘the successful woman’ are predatory. They replicate and sustain the very systems and practices that we as healers, creatives and feminists want to take down. Let’s re-make our culture, instead.
Fearless Rebel Radio by Summer Innanen, episode 94. On the co-opting of female empowerment.
Awarepreneurs with Paul Zelizer, episode 11. On how your principles are actually a marketing asset.
Change Making Women by Ziada Abeid and Mary Ann Clements, episode 37. On what it means to market as a feminist without selling out, the Female Empowerment Lifestyle Brand, and how to both market our work and stay true to our values.
Truth-telling with Elizabeth DiAlto, episode 193. On culture making and how we’ve often internalized our own oppression and therefore become unintentionally complicit in its perpetuation.
Work Alchemy by Ursula Joruch, episode 137. On applying our feminist principles to our marketing.
Be Amplified by Thais Sky and Bri Seeley. On the challenges of branding yourself in a world where everyone is a brand + practical tools for putting yourself out there.
Essencetial Conversations with Sherrice Langdahl-Kirby, episode 95. On how The Female Lifestyle Empowerment Brand is an oppressive ideology constraining women’s lives – and this time, it’s not being invented by the suits on Madison Avenue. Now it’s being deployed by the women entrepreneurs we most admire, trust and hire. And surely we deserve better and can do better than that.
Your Kick-Ass Life with Andrea Owen. On race, privilege, and unlearning our oppressive conditioning.
Roundhouse Radio – Trying to Be Good with Emelia Symington-Fedy. On The Female Lifestyle Empowerment Brand.
Who’s Your Mama. On defying the expectation of free labor of women by guarding your time and respecting your current capacity; the importance of online community in connection, nourishment and as avenues for discussion and change; and the danger of femininity-centric marketing’s social impact.
Roundhouse Radio – Trying to Be Good With Emelia Symington-Fedy. On whether or not “femininity killing feminisim?” and “self-help hurting us more than helping us?”
Create Your Magical Life with Alana Sheeren. On how empowerment is individual AND collective, why it’s time to critically evaluate what we’re being taught about women and marketing.
Roundhouse Radio – Trying to Be Good with Emelia Symington-Fedy On how the Female Lifestyle Empowerment Brand is hurting us.
Insatiable with Ali Shapiro. On how Female Lifestyle Empowerment Brand actually sells women out, how our bodies, particularly weight are used against us in this lifestyle and how to get out of the matrix of thin privilege. I also share insightful tips to become a better consumer of all things female lifestyle.
Numinous Podcast with Carmen Spagnola. On the connection between “conscious marketing” and Pick-Up Artist culture.
Sexy Focused Ambition with Lauryn Doll.On the female empowerment brand illusion, persuasion triggers, and success symbols in marketing.
Unpodcast with Kaila Prins.Onwhy you cannot buy empowerment, why even people who don’t have businesses are selling themselves as a brand, and how diet marketing creates oppression.
- Entrepreneurial Feminist Forum, Toronto, December 2018
- Entrepreneurial Feminist Forum, Toronto, October 2017
- Pecha Kucha Vancouver, Vancouver — delivered a speech on creativity and women to an audience of 1,000+
- How to Sell to Women Without Selling Them Out, Vancouver – 90 minute workshop July 29 hosted by Manifesto Lifestyle Salon in Vancouver
- How to Sell to Women Without Selling Them Out, Victoria – all day intensive on Aug 21 in Victoria co-hosted by Carmen Spagnola and Sherrice Langdahl-Kirby
- Guest Expert for Mastermind events hosted by Desiree Adaway in 2016 and 2017
- Guest Speaker for an event hosted by Tara McMullin in August 2016
- Guest Expert for Mastermind event in 2017 hosted by Hilary Kinavey and Dana Stuveysant of Be Nourished