Writer, mother, lover, fighter.
I’m a copywriter and a Marketing Communications Specialist. I specialize in website content (bios, work-with-me pages, sales pages, blog posts, lions, tigers, bears) and integrated online campaigns. I’m also a freelance writer and you can find some of my essays at Salon, Jezebel and xoJane. I have a BA with honours in Poli Sci and I’m an unrepentant feminist. My feminism is about justice.
Love + Justice. Always.
And in all things – including careers, excellence and entrepreneurship. Because, straight up, the reason so many of us get thwarted is not because we don’t lean in (though it helps when we do, aggressively) but because we’re barred entry. The glass ceiling is real.
So is the cement resume. Because here’s the truth: some of us are actively prevented from even getting started.
Here’s what I’m working on in 2016:
- Editing and inviting submissions (yours?) to an anthology riffing on author Brigid Schulte’s idea that time is a feminist issue. (Coming very soon – watch for it!)
- Writing a book about The Female Lifestyle Empowerment Brand. Spoiler alert: I’m not a fan.
- Talking on the phone with other feminists. Inspired by Desiree Adaway, I plan to have 100 phone-a-feminist conversations this year.
- Writing blazing epistles of righteousness (AKA: website copy) for online entrepreneurs.
- Collaborating with other outraged and vision-driven entrepreneurs to invent non-oppressive, non-smarmy ways to sell to women without selling them out. [I facilitate three Marketing MasterMinds (they’re full right now) and a FREE private FB group for justice-minded and conscience-driven online entrepreneurs, of course, and if this is you, please c’mon in.]
- I also do two-hour lightning session consults with online entrepreneurs that help you define your core marketing message and promote your business effectively and fluidly while avoiding the trips and traps we observe and despair of in The Female Lifestyle Empowerment Brand.
You can also subscribe to receive my LOVE LETTERS + WILDLY UNREASONABLE ADVICE every Sunday by e-mail. (They contain essays that are only available by e-mail and they’re exceptional, I promise.)
One last thing: thank you for being here with me.