I’m a writer and a feminist marketing consultant.
I believe that we are the culture makers and we can use our voices, our media and our businesses to make a better world, right now.
I’m perhaps best known for my work identifying The Female Lifestyle Empowerment Brand and rallying against it — in our culture and in our business practices.
I teach feminist marketing and I coach + consult with feminist organizations and entrepreneurs who are building feminist practices into every aspect of their work — including their marketing.
Here’s how we can work together:
FEMINIST MARKETING MASTERMIND. Six month cohort, max 20 people. Starts November 5, 2019.
FEMINIST COPYWRITING CERTIFICATION PROGRAM. 10 Module Course + certification to help you write EFFECTIVE copy that creates more impact, less harm. Next date: March 2020
SPEAKING. I speak at events that are substantially inclusive + diverse.
- Next Event: She/Ze Leads The World, Nov 19-21 in Whitehorse, Yukon
- Here’s a list of my speaking engagements and podcast interviews.
- Most recently: I spoke at the Entrepreneurial Feminist Forum in Toronto in Dec 2018.
- Yes, please invite me on your podcasts and as a guest speaker in your courses and masterminds and courses!
A Note on My Feminism and My Language…
I do my work through the lens of feminism and justice. That means I’m here to help dismantle inequity in all its forms (like white supremacy and ableism and classism and homophobia and transphobia and heteronormativity and gender essentialism and fat phobia and, and, and).
- My feminism is inclusive and about equity and justice
- I use the word ‘womxn’ because it is explicitly intersectional
- My work is NOT about “leaning in” to a broken system; nor is it about keeping it “high vibe” and spiritually bypassing real structural injustices in the name of personal success
- I believe we need to make structural changes rather than trying to be added in to systems that were built for our exploitation rather than our flourishing
- I believe in cultivating influence & building power so we can SHARE power and resources
- I believe in collective power and community care. This is NOT all on you
- I want feminist entrepreneurs to have the tools we need to flourish right now AND grow the institutions of the future
And of course we can do that. Because we are the culture makers.
If you’d like to connect about an opportunity for us to collaborate or work together, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re looking to book a 1:1 session or interview me, here’s my calendar.
You can read my bio, including my list of my formative influences and teachers “known and unknown”, here.