Kelly Diels | She/Her
I’m an educator, coach, and feminist.
I’ve written for Jezebel, Salon, and Alternet and been interviewed for Forbes (about being an “XL boss”!).
Over the last decade, I’ve coached and consulted with thousands of women leaders. #WeAreTheCultureMakers
I believe that we are the culture makers and we always have been. That means we have the power to use our voices, our careers, our media, our business practices and our lives to make a better world, right now.
I’m perhaps best known for my work identifying The Female Lifestyle Empowerment Brand and rallying against it — in our heads, in our social media feeds, and in our culture.
In my year-long group coaching program, I help womxn grow their power and dissolve their shame so they can rise, rise, rise. I also teach feminist marketing classes; consult with feminist entrepreneurs and organizations; and speak at events about womxn, power, and culture-making.
Here’s how we can work together:
WE ARE THE CULTURE MAKERS 2020. A one-year, low-cost, online group coaching community. This year we’re focusing on building power, dissolving shame, and building your feminist ecosystem of support. Wrap yourself in 360º of radical encouragement so you can rise and thrive in every area of your life. Find out more, here. We start Jan 6.
FEMINIST COPYWRITING CERTIFICATION PROGRAM. 10 Module Course + certification to help you write EFFECTIVE copy that creates more impact, less harm. Next date: March 2020
SPEAKING. I speak at events that are substantially inclusive + diverse. Past events include the She/Ze Leads Conference (Nov 2019); the SheEO Summits (Feb 2018 and Mar 2018), and The Entrepreneurial Feminist Forum (Dec 2018, Dec 2017), and more. Upcoming events, here.
A Note on My Feminism and My Language…
I do my work through the lens of feminism and justice. That means I’m here to help dismantle oppression in all forms (like white supremacy and ableism and classism and homophobia and transphobia and heteronormativity and gender essentialism and fat phobia and, and, and).
- My feminism is inclusive and about equity and justice
- I use the word ‘womxn’ and women interchangeably; I really appreciate the ‘x’ in womxn because it means that this is a political category, not physiological one, and includes non-binary and gender-nonconforming people
- My work is NOT about “leaning in” to a broken system; nor is it about keeping it “high vibe” and spiritually bypassing real structural injustices in the name of personal success
- I believe we need to make structural changes rather than trying to be added in to systems that were built for our exploitation rather than our flourishing
- I believe in cultivating influence & building power so we can SHARE power and resources
- I believe in collective power and community care. This is NOT all on you
- I want feminist leaders and culture-makers to have the tools we need to flourish right now AND grow the institutions of the future
And of course we can do that. Because we are the culture makers.
You can find more about my feminist business practices, here.
If you’d like to connect about an opportunity for us to collaborate or work together, please email me at email@example.com.
If you’re looking to interview me, here’s my calendar.
You can read my bio, including my list of my formative influences and teachers “known and unknown”, here.